Vocalic /r/ Aligned to State Curriculum Standards
This is the /r/ resource that you’ve been searching for. Packed with /r/ activities in an easy-to-use, age-appropriate format, this book is certain to become one of your most used resources for /r/ remediation. Backed by exhaustive research, the proven techniques and methodologies presented are the foundation for any evidence-based practice.
Top features include:
- All allophones of vocalic /r/ [air, ar, ear, er, ire, or] organized by word position (initial, medial and final)
- Prevocalic /r/, /r/ blends and recurrent /r/
- Aligned to state academic curriculum standards
- Age-appropriate sections with activities for younger and older students
- Easy download and print capability included
- Loads of activities to keep your students engaged and motivated
Activities for younger students (grades 1-3) focuses on these academic standards:
- Isolate beginning, middle and ending sounds in words
- Identify onset and rhyme
- Use alphabetical order
- Read compound words
- Respond to literal, inferential and evaluative questions to solve a problem
Features that appeal to younger students, including cute illustrations, child-friendly fonts (mimics handwriting), and handwriting guides for answers are incorporated.
The activities for older students focus on more advanced skills and are formatted to appeal to an older age-group. Skills and academic standards addressed include:
- Correct capitalization (Initial word in a sentence, proper nouns, days of the week, etc.)
- Appropriate end punctuation of sentences
- Writing in complete sentences
- Recognizing and using correct word order in written sentences
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Classify grade-appropriate categories of words
Includes data collection form, certificate and motivational reproducibles.