Grammar Chipper Chat®
Grammar Chipper Chat®
Magnetic Chip Game with the Super Duper Explorers
By Nancy Crist, Rose Sheedy, and Sharon G. Webber
Grades K & Up
Ages 5 & Up
- We Accept Purchase Orders!
- Fully Secured SSL Checkout
- 30-Day Return Policy
Grammar skills are the cornerstone of effective language development, and Grammar Chipper Chat® makes the process of mastering them exciting and motivating.
Travel deep into the grammar jungle and come out a winner with Grammar Chipper Chat! This game is expertly designed to make grammar accessible and enjoyable for young learners. Through a series of interactive activities and challenges, children explore and practice fundamental grammar concepts such as sentence structure, parts of speech, verb tenses, and more. With colourful chips, engaging game boards, and a user-friendly format, children are motivated to actively participate and learn.
What makes this grammar development game so effective?
17 Grammatical Structures
This exciting magnetic chip game explores 16 of the grammatical structures found on most language assessments, including the CELF and the TOLD. Grammar Chipper Chat® addresses the following grammatical structures:
- 3rd Person Singular Verbs
- Changing Nouns to Adjectives
- Changing Nouns to Verbs
- Copula (is/are, was/were)
- Future Tense
- Irregular Past-Tense Verbs
- Irregular Plurals
- Noun-Verb Agreement
- Possessive Nouns
- Possessive Pronouns
- Present Progressive Verbs
- Regular Past-Tense Verbs
- Regular Plurals
- Subjective Pronouns
Each grammar area has 20 or 30 colour-coded question cards (400 cards total!) with a sentence prompt on one side and picture(s) on the other side. The student fills in the missing word on the question side using the pictures as cues.
Unique Animal Gameboards
Best of all! Each of the 60 Chipper Chat boards has a photo of an animal with the animal's name spelled out in the spaces. These engaging game boards provide countless opportunities for your students to practice the grammatical structures they learn by creating sentences about their animals. Let the syntax safari begin!
"Magic" Magnetic Wand
During the game, the students listen and respond to the grammar tasks. They earn chips as the game progresses. Then, the fun continues when the chips "fly up to the magic wand" at the end of the game!
Who is the Grammar Chipper Chat® game helpful for?
This interactive game is designed by experts to improve grammar and syntax skills in students in grades kindergarten and up and children ages 5 and up. The Grammar Chipper Chat® is incredibly versatile and can be used in the classroom in large or small groups, in one-on-one speech and language therapy sessions, or at home. Parents, educators, and Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) appreciate how this educational game helps children build essential language skills while gaining confidence in their grammar abilities. By playing this game, children not only improve their grammatical knowledge but also enhance their overall communication skills.
Why Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs), special educators, teachers, and parents love this educational game:
- Children love using the "magic" wand to pick up their chips
- The animal pictures are interesting and the kids love to choose which animal they will pick for their game card
- It can be used in a variety of ways including to motivate artic students (try using animal names with letters in positions the student needs to reinforce, like "tiger" to work on the medial /g/)
- It covers so many different grammar topics and allows targeting of several different language goals
Grammar Chipper Chat® includes:
- 400 full-colour illustrated question cards (3 5/8" x 2 1/8")
- 60 game board scenes (30 double-sided boards) (9" x 6")
- Sturdy Box (keeps the 16 sets of extraordinary cards organized and easily accessible)
- Foam die
- Magnetic wand
- 100 magnetic chips