Social Skills Chipper Chat®
Social Skills Chipper Chat®
Magnetic Chip Game for Practicing Social Skills
By Rose Sheedy and Nancy Crist
Grades K & Up
Ages 5 & Up
- We Accept Purchase Orders!
- Fully Secured SSL Checkout
- 30-Day Return Policy
Play and learn together! Social Skills Chipper Chat® is an evidence-based educational game that helps children build social skills development through play.
Social Skills Chipper Chat® is a fun, motivating, magnetic chip game designed to help students discuss and understand appropriate ways of dealing with numerous social situations. This learning tool creates a friendly, engaging environment for children to learn how to navigate social situations, make friends, and communicate effectively.
Who is this social skills learning tool helpful for?
Social Skills Chipper Chat® is designed to target and build social skills in students in grades kindergarten and up and children ages 5 and up. This game can be used in a variety of settings including the classroom and at home, in small groups and in one-on-one treatment.
Social Skills Chipper Chat® is especially effective in improving social skills for children with autism. Through interactive activities and colourful materials, it encourages autistic children to express themselves, understand others, and build meaningful connections.
What makes Social Skills Chipper Chat® so effective?
12 Social Theme Boards
This educational game includes 12 different sets of social "theme" boards that encourage group or individual discussions. The boards present 144 everyday scenes (12 per theme), related social stories, and relevant follow-up questions. The theme boards' social skills topics include:
- Polly Parrot Politeness
- Race for Responsibility
- Peer Relation-SHIPS
- Camp Compliance
- Assertion Asteroids
- Staying Focused
- Operation Cooperation
- Building Body Language
- Problem Solving Solution
- Self-Management Soccer
- Ice Cream Social Rituals
- Negotiation Nations
Illustrated Chipper Chat Boards
Each of the topics has five illustrated Chipper Chat® boards, so groups of 2-5 students can play. Every game board has 12 social scene cards that relate to the main theme of the board.
Two Levels of Stories
Two levels of stories accompany each scene.
- Level A is a short, simple story that contains the basic facts describing the action in the scene. Rely on this level for young children.
- Level B is a longer story with additional facts. Use this story with more advanced students who have greater attention spans and the ability to grasp main ideas and inferences.
Questions and Discussion Statements
Four questions and/or discussion statements follow the stories to initiate conversation between students and children. These questions/discussions include:
- Why Question. Asks why a person acted a certain way in the story.
- Related Question. Asks a relevant question about the story.
- Reasoning/Predicting Question. Asks what might have happened, how the characters felt, or what the student thinks about the situation.
- Personal Discussion. The student talks about what he/she has done or would do in similar circumstances.
Over 576 question/discussion opportunities!
Each time a player answers a question, they roll the die and earn chips to place on the game board. When the board is full, the player uses the "magic" wand to pick up the "flying" chips.
With Social Skills Chipper Chat®, every turn of a card is a step towards improved social skills and helping children with autism shine in social situations. Get ready for smiles, laughter, and lots of valuable learning moments!
Why parents and SLPs love Social Skills Chipper Chat®:
- It is a fun, social activity that helps children with autism learn social skills
- The scenarios are applicable, engaging, and inspire group discussion
- The 2 levels for each story allow the game to be used with different age groups
- It provides flexibility for SLPs to get creative and use the game in different ways
- The magnetic wand and dots increase motivation and focus
Social Skills Chipper Chat®includes:
- 12 boards (60 playing surfaces total, 8 ½" x 11")
- 144 social scenes (9 ¾" x 6")
- Instructional activity book
- Magnetic wand and chips
- Sturdy storage box