For Learning Intelligible Production of Speech
By Rhonda Granger
Grades Pre-K & Up
Ages 3 & Up
- We Accept Purchase Orders!
- Fully Secured SSL Checkout
- 30-Day Return Policy
Teach functional vocabulary to children with limited speech!
Word FLiPS with REAL words (and pictures) is a must for children with limited speech, unintelligible speech, and/or childhood apraxia of speech! Teach functional vocabulary words, such as greetings and requests (for example, "hi," "go," and "bye") while practicing up to three repetitions of sound sequences.
3 Sections with 4 Articulary Placements
Word FLiPS includes three sections of identical picture words with four tabs in each section that divide the words according to articulatory placement: Bilabial, Alveolar, Velar, and Palatal. Begin teaching severely unintelligible children by having them repeat identical earlier developing sounds, such as "boo-boo-boo." Older or more verbal children can practice a variety of sequences, such as "tie-tea-shoe" as a warm-up to practicing sentences.
The words in Word FLiPS can also be combined to form other words (for example, "tie-knee" can be combined to form the word "tiny"). Word FLiPS includes a list of words and phrases that can be produced using the "flips," and suggestions for activities to make practice fun and motivating!
On-the-Go and At-Home Practice
Children and students need frequent practice to make word production movement patterns more automatic which means that home practice is especially important. Parents will find this book to be a convenient and valuable tool. Its portability allows children to practice anywhere!
Who is this speech production flipbook helpful for?
Word FLiPS is designed to target intelligible speech production in students in grades pre-kindergarten and up and children ages 3 and up. Its compact size makes this flipbook perfect for a variety of learning environments both inside and outside the classroom.
Why Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs), special educators, and parents love this learning tool:
- It is a great support for students with apraxia who need to work on simple word structures
- It breaks down words into various placements, making it a perfect tool to help students having difficulty with oral motor movements
- It helps transition students to generating words without a model
- The photos are big, bright, and colourful and kids love to flip the pages
- It allows preschoolers the ability to "read" and play with their sounds /p,b,t,d,m,v/ etc.
Word FLiPS is 12" x 6 ½"