Synonyms Galore! Book
Synonyms Galore! Book
Activities for Learning Similar Meanings of Adjectives, Nouns & Verbs
By Helen Zeitzoff
Grades 3 & Up
Ages 8 & Up
- We Accept Purchase Orders!
- Fully Secured SSL Checkout
- 30-Day Return Policy
Experience the magic of language with Synonyms Galore! An engaging learning tool created and loved by language development experts.
Synonyms Galore! is an educational resource designed to enrich vocabulary skills and language development. This book is a treasure trove of synonyms that will empower learners in all settings to express themselves with precision and confidence.
Through interactive activities and thought-provoking exercises, "Synonyms Galore!" encourages children to actively engage with the synonyms, promoting a deeper understanding of word meanings and usage. By incorporating these synonyms into their language, individuals can elevate their communication skills and express themselves more effectively.
Who is this language development book helpful for?
Synonyms Galore! is designed to target students in grades 3 & up and children ages 8 & up. This versatile learning program is suitable for various settings, from classrooms, small groups, one-on-one instruction and home learning environments. Teachers, parents, and language professionals can integrate "Synonyms Galore!" into their lessons and activities to foster language development in an engaging and enjoyable manner.
Note: that teacher modelling and discussion of synonyms and the varying degrees of their usage is important to the lesson instruction.
What makes Synonyms Galore! an effective language teaching tool?
Synonyms Galore! enriches and develops children's oral/written language expression by teaching the synonyms of numerous adjectives, verbs, and nouns. Synonyms Galore! presents 28 lessons for teaching synonyms in context and reinforces their usage with tons of practice exercises. Each lesson begins with a focused vocabulary list of words with their synonyms, example sentences, and illustrations. The lessons continue with four activities using the synonyms to complete:
- Fill-in-the-blank words and sentences
- Multiple choice exercises and true/false statements
- Answering questions in complete sentences
- An extension for capable students ready to use more complex synonyms
Students using these activities gain a wealth of synonyms to replace commonly overused words like big, little, happy, etc.
The Synonyms Galore! learning program helps children:
- Retain synonym meanings
- Improves sentence structure
- Provides children and students the context in which they might see/use new words
- Progress through an organization process from nouns to adjectives
The Synonyms Galore! book includes:
- 28 lessons of adjectives, verbs, and nouns and their synonyms
- Illustrations to introduce vocabulary words and their synonyms
- Practice exercises galore and awards!
- Questions in each lesson to use as writing responses and/or to promote discussion
- 158 pages